Please follow the steps below if you're moving off-campus or to another building within Weill Cornell Medicine. You can also download this Move-Out Checklist for easy reference.
1. Find out your move date.
- End of Housing Eligibility:
- MD Students: Near the end of your housing eligibility period, Housing staff will send you a reminder that includes the date you need to vacate your apartment/room.
- PhD Students: PhD students are required to vacate WCM/MSK housing within 60 days following their final examination date.
- Moving Off-Campus: If you wish to move out before the end of your eligibility period, please notify us at least one month prior to your move-out date by submitting a Vacate Notice Form to email@example.com. Please note that if you move out of WCM housing and then choose to return, we can not guarantee a specific move in day, property, unit type, or roommate preference. We strongly recommend that you contact us at least 90 days prior to your desired return date to submit your request.
2. File a change of address with the US Postal Service. You can file your request online. Any mail that arrives at Stahl after you move out will be returned to the post office.
3. Clean your apartment. Please pack all of your belongings, sweep the floor and remove any décor from the walls. Please also remove all food items from their kitchen, defrost the refrigerator and clean appliances and all surfaces.
Once we receive your keys, we will inspect your apartment/room for any cleaning issues or damages beyond normal wear and tear. If necessary, we will charge you any applicable fees.
4. On your move-out day, complete a Check Out Form and return your keys. Please bring the form and keys to the Housing Service Desk in the Olin Hall lobby. You—the resident—must return these items in person. Do not give your keys to a roommate, friend, or family member.
As you move your belongings, please keep safety in mind. Do not prop open any doors, leave your items unattended on the street or leave your vehicle unlocked.
5. Make your final payment.
Housing charges are billed according to the date you completely vacate your apartment/room and return your keys. If you're transferring, Housing charges for your new unit are billed according to the date pick up your new keys.
Move Out of WCM Housing
|Day of the Month Keys Returned||Amount Charged|
|1-7||1/4 of the monthly charge|
|8-14||1/2 of the monthly charge|
|15-21||3/4 of the monthly charge|
|22- End of the month||Full monthly charge|
Transfer Within WCM Housing
|Day of the Month Keys Picked Up||Amount Charged for New Unit||Amount Charged for Old Unit|
|1-7||Full monthly charge||No charge|
|8-14||3/4 of the monthly charge||1/4 of the monthly charge|
|15-21||1/2 of the monthly charge||1/2 of the monthly charge|
|22- 28||1/4 of the monthly charge||3/4 of the monthly charge|
|29-31||No charge||Full monthly charge|